Alberto Dana, presidente de nuestra Federación, es reelecto Vice-Presidente de Panam Sailing
Actualizado: 2 sept 2019
Publicado por FMV
Alberto Dana, presidente de nuestra Federación, es reelecto como Vice-Presidente por parte de la zona centroamericana de Panam Sailing ( antes PASAF)… esto y más podrás leer en las conclusiones de la Asamblea General de Panam Sailing que tuvo lugar 2 de Agosto 2019 en Paracas, Perú.
“The quadrennial General Assembly of the Pan Am Sailing Federation (PASAF) was held on 2 August 2019.
With 21 member nations attending, the meeting had 62% of its MNAs in attendance on the eve of the Pan Am Games Sailing Competition.
Some of the highlights of the meeting included the ratification of the Regulation creating an Athletes Commission for the organization and the adoption of an updated Constitution.
With the Constitution update came a few significant changes to the organization —
1. The use name will now be Panam Sailing;
2. Two athletes, a male and female selected by the Athletes Commission, have been added to the Panam Sailing Executive Committee.
3. The start, end and effective dates for officers and Constitution changes will now be at the Closing of the Pan Am Games.
The significant milestones of the 2019 Panam Games include -
1. Sailing as the sport with the third highest number of participating countries (26) at these games. Only surpassed by Athletics and Aquatics.
2. The number of participating nations in sailing grew by 25% over Toronto 2015.
3. With 11 Medals and 168 athletes from 26 nations, sailing reached an all-time high in participation.
4.The number of Olympic Country Qualification spots increased from 4 in 3015, to 10 in 2019!
The quadrennial elections were held and the following Vice Presidents were elected by their Regional MNAs in attendance:
North America - David Covo (CAN) & Fred Hagedorn (USA)